BrandED’s focus in on our client’s mission, core values and stakeholders. Whether developing, implementing, executing or measuring a resultant brand strategy, we are guided by our progressive model of the Six Cs of Branding—core values, connection, conversation, collaboration, community and culture. BrandED can initiate a strategy and execution at whatever point a client is positioned within the brand development process. Our contemporary approach defines the branding process as organic rather than lockstep.
Antiquated marketing models proposed by traditional agencies, apply “one-size-fits-all” tactics based on the Four Ps of Marketing—product, price place and promotion—first professed over half a century ago. BrandED recognizes that clients need the flexibility to embrace a brand strategy at a distinctive junction unique to each institution. Some organizations may need to begin at commencement and attack declining achievements with a change in thinking and prescription. Other institutions may have already implemented an advertising campaign, including tag lines and new logo—a tactic that stalled at a predictable benchmark with disappointing results. Because branding is a continuum, BrandED comes into the process at any point to “refresh” previous efforts.
The components of the adaptive sequence professed by BrandED for brand development include:
- Research and discovery
- Brand platform development or crystallization
- Integrating adopted brand strategy with current institutional practices
- Aligning internal culture and external reputation, align visual and verbal identity
- Execution of the brand strategy through digital and traditional communications
- Management of the brand
- Assessment of the brand strategy
- Continuation and/or crystallization based on evaluation